Head of Technical Operations
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 600 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Clinical because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Technical Operations to join the GMP Manufacturing Department. As the Head of Technical Operations, you will have line management responsibility for the Technical Operations Function at Quotient. You will be accountable for ensuring the manufacturing facility and all equipment within Pharmaceutical Science’s is suitable for GMP manufacture and development work.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Technical Operations group is fully resourced with trained staff to deliver project requirements on time, in budget and to the required safety, quality and regulatory standards
- Providing supervision, management and direction to the Clinical Trials Manufacturing Operations ensuring operational excellence
- Organising on the job training programs for new staff and to ensure that skills of existing staff are updated on a regular basis
- Ensuring staff have clear annual objectives for performance to be measured against and to hold regular support meetings to review progress
- Ensuring continuous improvement of the Technical Operations group processes and systems are in line with company, client and regulatory requirements
- Providing effective planning and overall management of all activities to ensure on- time-in-full manufacture for studies as per project plans
- Ensuring facility maintenance schedules are seamlessly aligned with manufacturing schedules
- Providing regular written and verbal progress updates of any facility and/or equipment issues that may arise
- Reviewing and, where appropriate, approving key documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Writing, reviewing or approving validation protocols, reports, and SOPs where appropriate
- Providing scientific input, trouble shooting and problem solving on studies as required
- Deputising in other roles as required
The successful candidate will have Life Science degree or equivalent coupled with 5 years’ experience of facilities and equipment management.
Other essential skills and experience are:
- Extensive management experience in a pharmaceutical R&D or production environment
- Knowledge and expertise in HVAC & AHU systems
- Knowledge and expertise in small scale pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of current standards, procedures and controls for GMP cleanroom facilities and equipment
- Experience in GMP standard quality management systems
- Experience of managing planned preventative maintenance
- Experience in managing contractors
- Knowledge and expertise in Lean six sigma/ Continuous Improvement tools
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.